Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Louie

Tv Shows? Yes. I watch like a twenty different ones and sometimes it feels like a thousand. So when I ear "Returns this fall!" I usually ear a calling from my personal man cave, a cozy little place where the world can be muted, pause and played as I please. just for this thought I would think of myself as a lonely person, a "forever alone". But who can blame us, tv show cave "community", when we live in the peak of the golden age for this type of media?
Anyway the summer it's always a bit off and it's a shame because free time sprawls in every corner and a boy has to invent small things to do. Now and then, something nice and surprising that leave us picking up our jaw from the ground comes up.
This is the story of how I met Louie. There is nothing great about the story. I took the "I'm bored" internet road and I stumbled on it. I easily got intrigued what was the fuss about a forty year old american man that, by look of the outdoors, looked like an average nobody that nobody cares to look more than the strictly necessary. 
I mean right? Yes. 
Parallax? Maybe. 

How wrong was I? Completely.
Turns out, the shows it's a unique masterpiece where everything looks like it's put on the right place, for the right reason. Uncomfortable moments are due the seamless resemblance with reality and not the good old cheap "Oh my god here it goes bad actor line" that everyone makes a mental loop to avoid a early (possible?) misjudgment. 
Each show never resolves itself. You always end up where you were in the begin. The line between acting and simply existing it's so thin, that it wakes in you a constant doubt between documentary and show. The concept it's simple. Divorced guy, two ocasional kids due separation and a "I'm 42 and now what?" feeling that remains in every single corner of the Comedy Cellar in Manhattan. As a stand up performer, Louie expresses his doubts, feelings and thoughts about his life with the audience and you can even take a good scene out of it, when for instance, a espectador it's louder and he becomes insanely rude.
Not gonna lie. It's a guy show. Don't wanna be sexist but it is what its is. It goes the same reverse way for shows like "Sex in the City" or more recent "Girls". Anyway it's a good example of what a simple, low budget screenplay can revolts within you. 
It can be a little dark so build up your mood before watch it. Even the humor sometimes goes in the land of the embarrassment, so if too sensitive, please don't watch.
Bottom line, the good part it's that now I have 3 seasons to catch up so no boredom for me for a while!



No comments:

Post a Comment