Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lora Zombie


So today I was rambling around on the internet as domestic shores were a subverted invention that radioactive dementors used to control the world, when I ended up on my old deviantART. I never knew how to write this word properly, so everytime I need to use it, I have to go on a full review my personal beliefs and conclude that Google and God, are probably synonymous. And when you think about it, they are kinda alike, at least semantically. Like those words that have distinct paths of evolution. Anyway I always have a foot behind with mass corporations so when I get a proper "deviantART" as the creators intended to be written, I close google and I pretend that I did all by myself. It's amazing how easy it's make my brain thing that Google it's my bitch! And everything is fine again.
Well "long time no see" that old account and I got soaked with a huge wave of memories that soon become fragments of an no so distant, try to be rebel adolescence.
I always have been secretly pretentious with my sketches. The thing is, that actually doesn't last long once I start browsing for a wallpaper or just for the thrill of afternoon boredoms like this. It's amazing the artwork quality that one can find just in a five minute search on deviantART, Tumblr or even specific pages on Facebook. So Lora Zombie was a perfect example of what small things can lead you to jaw swapping, deep failed "artist" depression, followed by a very, very late acceptance that not everybody is born with the artist gene.

This early 90's borned russian girl has a unique watercolor, conceptual twisted style that always swipe my floor out of the ground. Comics, rainbows, and pretty much any piece of conceivable fantasy serve as an excuse to bright up your eyeballs and drown you in beautiful harmonic worlds. The messy watercolor swatches mix within canvas and droplets of ink often drip within gravity's will, giving to each and every artwork an unmistakable mark of singularity. Lora has been awakening general interest in fans and experts worldwide, by showing her work collection in exhibitions in Los Angeles, Toronto, New York and Russia. 
I strongly recommend a walkthrough in Lora's galleries and I can promise how easy it is to lose yourself in color and mind of this young artist.
After admire these artwork for an hour and a half, I went back to my piece of shitty deviantART page Two seconds later, it's like a invisible download bar popped up in face telling me "Your file shame.this it's ready. Please click here to install it. Although it's pointless if you don't. It will start automatically in 5, 4,...". And there's is no Task Manager that can save you from self embarrassment.

No comments:

Post a Comment