Tuesday, August 27, 2013

AM


























Sorry for the late posts about this that came like years ago. Not my fault. One of the perks of being new here is that you get to talk about almost anything, just for no reason.
Anyways the summer is on and this year, this one, was landmarked by another outstanding single from Arctic Monkeys.
"Do I wanna know?"
Believe me, you do.
Alex Turner and the british lads are back and the first single of the album AM it's surprisingly beautiful and unsurprisingly different, as each album becomes as sui generis as the processor. That should be no different for AM which debuts on September the 9th. As an animation aficionado I cannot go on without mentioning the video. Intense and well calibrated, the video fuses with the sound in a perfect mixture that reminisce my electromagnetism classes where I had fun with an old oscilloscope. Alex Turner sings about the unknown feeling of reciprocal love while concludes with a shout of desperation. "Do you want me crawling back to you?" he says. It placed me right back at to the time when I watch them live for the first time. The crowd, the white cheesy moon. You know, that kind of gigs.Anyways it's amazing that one can still feel that electric vibe since groundbreaking tunes like Brianstorm, Fluorescence Adolescence or even more recently, Crying Lightning or Library Pictures.

And the summer was already perfect, thank you, media world, if not a week ago I found out about this new single "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?".

Another side, same story. If "Do I wanna know" it's filled with the constant persistence of calling some unresponsive love when "you had a few", this new single it's a smooth melody with sneaky rhythm where it becomes clear the perspective of an altered 3 am mind, almost making me missing the old "Bohemian Like You" from The Dandy Warhols.

The video it's amazingly constructed as it would be expected from a well matured british band like that.
Bottom line I understand if in future, Arctic Monkeys don't reach a Beatle status but they won't get to far behind. It's a generation band and I don't expect more than respect for it from future lineages. 
I can't wait for listening the all album. Whenever I think about it it's like awakening a sterical sixteen year old in a date with Justin Bieber, at Disneyland. Then I take a zanax and life becomes meaningful again!
I'll leave you with both singles. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment